How can we improve the Tuna Desktop Player?

why it gets stuck often while playing ? both in DESKTOP version and Browser version ??

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aveek84aveek84 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 7ng57n7ng57n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i also noticed it gets stuck after a while (usually not before a few hours anyway). once it's stuck it's stuck, even if i pause/play or choose other stations; but if i reload the page and choose the same station it promptly resumes playing. i don't think it's a connection problem (i'm on a decent adsl and never had a problem streaming hours long videos from youtube). at first i thought it had to be a problem with my setup (opera on an old ubuntu heavily tampered with) but now i see somebody is having the same problem, both in browser and desktop version which only exists for windows. i also noticed that, once in while, when i choose a station it will say something like "sorry the station is full or you're having a connection problem": could it be that tuna player gets confused and fails to resume after a station got "full" (which i take to mean their server bandwidth is all used up) while playing ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base